A 44-year-old man and a boy, 15, have been arrested after an attack in Bristol, say police.
Two teenagers who died after being stabbed in Bristol have been named.
The teens named locally as Max Dixon, 16, and Mason Rist, 15, were attacked by a number of people in Knowle West at about 23:20 GMT on Saturday. They later died in hospital.
Avon and Somerset Police said the attackers the fled from the scene in a car.
A 44-year-old man and 15-year-old boy have been arrested and remain in custody.
Bristol Commander Supt Mark Runacres said at a press conference: “There are further suspects that are being sought amongst the group that we believe are responsible.”
Police have begun a murder investigation and they said a vehicle had been seized.
A vigil was held where the boys were stabbed, with members of the local community showing up to light candles.
Supt Runacres said officers were keen to speak to passengers who were on a bus on Ilminster Avenue, where the stabbings occurred, at the time.
“Our collective thoughts are with their families at what is undoubtedly a very difficult time. Specialist family liaison officers will now be assigned to the families to provide them with support and keep them updated on the investigation,” he said.
“A cordon is in place on Ilminster Avenue between Newquay Road and Tavistock Road, and members of the public can expect to see a large police presence as forensic searches and other enquiries are conducted.”
Formal identification of the victims has not yet taken place and a forensic post-mortem will be scheduled in due course.
Supt Runacres said several witnesses had been identified.
In a statement, he said: “[I’m] frustrated that offences like this will take place anywhere. It’s demoralising. But it makes me determined to support the community.
“[And] it makes me determined to work with the team of police officers we have committed to this to identify those and bring them to justice.”
The neighbourhood policing team will be setting up a mobile police station near the scene and anyone with concerns or questions is encouraged to to speak to any of the officers.
High visibility patrols will also be carried out to provide reassurance to the community.
Supt Runacres said it was extremely important there should be no commentary or sharing of information or images online which could in any way prejudice any future proceedings.
“I’d also like to remind people of the impact the sharing of images, footage or even discussing the incident online may have on the families of the two boys,” he said.
“They are already going through the most difficult of times and you may cause them further upset.”
Speaking at the vigil, Leanne Reynolds, a knife bin and bleed kit campaigner for the area, said people were shocked.
“I’ve got loads of messages and people want more bleed kits out in the community and more training.
“These are not your kitchen knives, these are massive knifes that needs to come off our streets. We don’t need them.”
A meeting is being held on Monday at 12:00 for community members to talk to the police and council.