US actor Kevin Spacey pleads not guilty to sexual assaulton July 14, 2022 at 9:33 am

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

The Oscar-winning actor, 62, pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting three men.

Kevin Spacey arrives at the Central Criminal CourtImage source, Reuters

Actor Kevin Spacey has pleaded not guilty to four charges of sexually assaulting three men, in his first appearance at London’s Old Bailey.

The 62-year-old also pleaded not guilty to a fifth charge of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

Mr Spacey, wearing a light blue suit, replied “not guilty” when each of the charges were read out to him.

A three to four week trial has been set to start from 6 June next year.

A further hearing will take place earlier in 2023 and the judge granted Mr Spacey unconditional bail.

The charges follow a review of evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police.

Mr Spacey has been charged with two counts of sexual assault on a man, now in his 40s, in London in March 2005.

He has also been charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent on a man, now in his 30s, in August 2008 in London.

The fourth charge of sexual assault is on another man, who is also now in his 30s, in April 2013 in Gloucestershire.

Mr Spacey was listed to appear before Mr Justice Wall in Court One of the Old Bailey under his full name of Kevin Spacey Fowler.

The two-time Oscar winner previously gave a statement to Good Morning America in May in which he said he was confident he could prove his innocence.

He has starred in films such as Seven, LA Confidential, American Beauty and Baby Driver, as well as the Netflix series House of Cards.

Mr Spacey previously said he would travel to the UK to face the charges and that he was confident of proving his innocence.

The charges were authorised by the Crown Prosecution Service in May, but he could only be charged once he had travelled to the UK.

He has an address in Waterloo, central London, but his home is in the US, where he has family and a nine-year-old dog.

- Advertisement -

Discover

Sponsor

Latest

Prince Philip funeral: Pictures as Queen and nation bid farewell to the dukeon April 17, 2021 at 6:10 pm

Almost 100 years after he entered the world on a dining room table in Corfu, Prince Philip's final journey has taken place.image copyrightPA MediaAlmost...

UN request for Archie Battersbee life-support to continueon July 29, 2022 at 7:39 pm

The UN says it would like the 12-year-old's treatment to continue while it considers the case.Image source, Hollie DanceThe United Nations has requested that...

Queen’s funeral: Ukraine’s first lady meets Princess of Waleson September 18, 2022 at 6:58 pm

The audience at Buckingham Palace took place after Olena Zelenska saw the Queen lying in state.Image source, Getty ImagesUkraine's first lady Olena Zelenska has...

Brexit: Sea border checks order suspended by High Courton February 4, 2022 at 12:13 pm

Inspections on goods entering NI from GB must continue pending the outcome of legal challenges.DUP Minister Edwin Poots' directions to halt Irish Sea border...

The Queen’s funeral watched by 28 million viewers in UKon September 20, 2022 at 5:33 pm

The audience peaked during the procession after her coffin had been carried out of Westminster Abbey.This video can not be playedTo play this video...