This training guide is designed for information technology (IT) professionals who develop or plan to develop HTML documents such as webpages or Windows Store applications. It is assumed that, before you begin using this guide, you are familiar with web development and common Internet technologies.
This book covers some of the topics and skills that are the subject of the Microsoft certification exam 70-480. If you are using this book to complement your study materials, you might find this information useful. Note that this book is designed to help you in the job role; it might not cover all exam topics. If you are preparing for the exam, you should use additional study materials to help bolster your real-world experience. For your reference, a mapping of the topics in this book to the exam objectives is included in the back of the book.
By using this training guide, you will learn how to do the following.
- ■ Create a project using Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web.
- ■ Create a project using Blend for Visual Studio 2012.
- ■ Create a project using Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8.
- ■ Create an HTML document using semantic markup.
- ■ Create Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) that visually format your HTML document.
- ■ Create HTML tables.
- ■ Create HTML forms with validation.
- ■ Create a Node.js website and web service.
- ■ Perform WebSocket communications.
- ■ Play audio and video on a webpage.
- ■ Draw with an HTML5 canvas.
- ■ Use SVG image files.
- ■ Perform drag and drop operations.
- ■ Make your HTML location aware.
- ■ Persist data on the browser client.