Author Matt Stine also examines the cultural, organizational, and technical changes necessary to migrate traditional monolithic applications and service-oriented architectures to cloud-native architectures. You’ll also find a Migration Cookbook, with recipes for decomposing monolithic applications into microservices, implementing fault-tolerant patterns, and performing automated testing of cloud-native services.
This report discusses application architectures that include:
- The Twelve-Factor App: a collection of cloud-native app architecture patterns
- Microservices: independently deployable services that do one thing well
- Self-Service Agile Infrastructure: platforms for rapid, repeatable, and consistent provisioning of app environments and backing services
- API-based Collaboration: published and versioned APIs that allow interaction between services in a cloud-native app architecture
- Anti-Fragility: systems that get stronger when subjected to stress